Looking for a family beach vacation packing list?
Packing for a beach vacation with the fam can be overwhelming, but with some (or a lot of) planning it’s completely manageable. Whether you’re flying or hitting the road, use my tips to help you get organized and perfectly packed.
I’ve included an exhaustive list, so don’t think you have to bring everything. But work off of this list to make sure that nothing is missed!
Table of Contents
Family Beach Vacation Packing List
- Shampoo and conditioner (or ask if they have them available at the hotel/rental)
- Brush / comb
- Hair styling tools
- Hair styling gels / creams
- Hair ties
- Face wash
- Toothbrush / toothpaste
- Face products
- Contacts, case, solution
- Makeup and makeup remover, cotton balls
- Soap / body wash
- Shaving tools / creams
- Feminine products
- Pain relievers
- Bug spray
- Aloe vera
- First aid ointment
- Pain relievers
- Lip balm with SPF
- Diaper cream
- Q tips, cotton balls
- Lounge clothes
For the beach:
- Swimsuits for women
- Swim trunks for men
- Rashguards / swimsuits for kids
- Sliders / flip flops
- Swim shoes
- Swim diapers
- Hair accessories
- Dress shirts
- Light jacket
- Purse / clutch
- Athletic pants/shorts
- Light tops
- Sports bras
- Hair ties
⚠️ Before packing any of these, check with your hotel or rental about whether they offer any of these items!
⚠️ First time to the beach with a toddler?
- Camera (consider a water-proof camera as well for some awesome pics!)
- Portable speakers (I love putting on music while I’m cooking or getting ready!)
✅ Travel Bag:
- Wallet – cash, credit card, insurance cards, ID, etc.
- Cell phone, charger
- Tablet, charger
- Headphones/ear buds
- Travel pillow, blanket
- Medicine bag
- Diapers and wipes
- Extra outfit and socks
- Pacifier or drinks for takeoff and landing
- An extra bottle just in case (and a portable pump if you have one)
- Clear / ziplock bags
✅ Road Trip Items:
- Large umbrella / canopy
- Beach wagon / beach cart
- Large cooler (with wheels, so you’re not stuck having to carry it across the beach)
Ways to Save Space in Your Luggage
- Bring travel sized toiletry items. If you’re staying at a hotel- check online to see the type of tolietries they offer. If you’re staying at a rental house, contact the host to ask what will be available.
- Buy diapers and wipes when you get there. If kids live in the city that you’re visiting, then they sell diapers and wipes there.
- Bring outfits that mix and match. While it’s fun to bring all of your favorite outfits and every adorable outfit your kid owns, bring less items that all match each other. And staying somewhere with access to a washer and dryer makes it easier to not have to bring a different outfit for every day.
- Perfect your packing technique– I use the rolling method and it really is more efficient.
- Get packing cubes! They really do save a ton of space and they keep all the clothes organized.
Wrapping Up: Family Beach Vacation Packing List
Lastly, don’t forget your patience! You might forget something. Guess what? They have stores there too.
You can buy anything you need and buy it online and get it shipped. And it it’s baby related, you can rent it.
I hope this list has made you a bit more prepared for your trip. Before you know it, you’ll be on the beach!